- 16GB RAM
- 256GB or larger Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Intel i7 or equivalent processor
- Recommended: dedicated graphics card
Engineering Student Computer Discounts
UND CEM has partnered with Dell to offer deals on some pre-selected laptop models with special student pricing. Any of the Dell models labeled 2-in-1 will be compatible with ProctorU.
- The requirements for calculators varies by course and department. Generally, students will need a calculator to complete class work but there can be limitations on what is allowed on exams.
- Courses in Mathematics suggest having at least a basic scientific calculator, but often do not allow calculators to be used on exams.
- Students in Engineering courses often like to use graphing calculators, such as a TI-84+, but courses may have restrictions on exams to models that do not have a Color screen or internet access. Some courses may have exams that only allow a calculator from the NCEES approved list for taking the Fundamental of Engineering exams.
- Information will be provided by instructors on allowed technology for exams and other testing purposes within those classes.
Distance Engineering Additional Requirements
In addition to the recommended computer specifications, Distance Engineering Degree Program students, or any student taking an engineering class via distance delivery mode (online) with PDF formatted exams, will need to refer to the technical requirements necessary for using ProctorU for administration of exams.