We educate world-class leaders in computer science, engineering and geology.
Knowledge to Lead. Skills to Impact.
Our graduates make a difference, are competitive in a global market, and contribute to our state, nation, and the world. UND CEM graduates can expect a range of opportunities in high-demand careers.
The College of Engineering & Mines has eight departments, with several certificates majors, minors, combined degrees and graduate programs. Many of our programs are available online.
We are extremely proud of our students, alumni and our nationally accredited programs. We pride ourselves on the first class facilities and technology available for students to use.
Real Research. Real Results.
We are home to an array of centers and institutes, where engineering researchers are bridging disciplines and sharing insights at the farthest edge of discovery. Our advanced student training and our deep relationships with key industry partners further strengthen our stature as intellectual leaders.
Our vision is founded in six building blocks.
- Graduates: We will produce graduates who will advance society, be competitive in a dynamic global market, and contribute to the economic development of North Dakota, the nation, and the world.
- Education: We will provide students with a personalized education fostering innovation and emphasizing technical, leadership, and entrepreneurship skills.
- Research: We will be internationally recognized for excellence in research fostering discovery, serving societal needs, and stimulating technology transfer.
- Work Environment: We will foster an inspiring, supportive, high-performance, team-based work environment.
- Community: We will engage the community to promote engineering and innovation, inspire young minds, help the regional economy thrive, and display civic responsibility.
- Alumni: We will promote the accomplishments of our alumni, engage them in school initiatives, and serve as a resource for the advancement of their success.