To schedule an appointment with one of our advisors, please log in to Starfish.
Our advisors aid in the:
- development of educational plans;
- assistance of career and life goals;
- selection of appropriate courses and other educational internships or coop experiences;
- clarification of institutional requirements;
- development of student awareness about educational resources available (e.g., scholarships, internships, study abroad, honors, and graduate assistance programs);
- assessment of student progress toward established goals;
- growth of decision making skills;
- referral to and use of institutional support services
Academic advisors help students to identify and assess alternatives and the consequences of those decisions. The absolute responsibility for making decisions about educational plans and life goals rests with the individual student.
College of Engineering and Mines Advising Week
OCTOBER 28th - 31st, 2019
- Come to the BIG Ideas Gym (in the CEC)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Select classes for the Spring 2020 Term
- Food and snacks will be provided
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS
Monday 4:00 - 6:00 PM: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Tuesday 4:00 - 6:00 PM: Civil Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
Wednesday 4:00 - 6:00 PM: Chemical Engineering, Geology, Geological Engineering, and Environmental Geosciences
Thursday 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Mechanical Engineering
Representatives from the departments are available at the above times; however, students are welcome to attend any session.