The UND School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (SEECS) awards a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (B.S.), Master of Science (M.S.), and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) Accreditation Commission(s) of ABET, under the General Criteria and the Computer Science Criteria. The last ABET accreditation visit was in November 2021 and the next visit will be in 2027.
Our mission is to educate, inspire, and enhance the competitiveness of our graduates through integration of teaching and collaborative research focused on scientific innovation and discovery.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Program Educational Objectives have been established by involving all program constituencies.
Graduates from the Computer Science undergraduate program will:
- Have sufficient knowledge and skills in the foundations and application of computer science to be successful in employment or in graduate school.
- Be guided by ethical principles in their careers
- Be prepared to assume leadership roles in professional and community life
- Be aware of the need for continuous, life-long learning
ABET Student Outcomes
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Undergrad Enrollment||BSCS Degrees Awarded|