Industry Seminar Series
A series of industry presentations are planned to start from October 2017 on a monthly basis to provide the business skills and management of establishing and running new companies. The seminars will be presented by people from industry who will be sharing with students their success and failure stories in starting their business. The total of 7 short courses listed in Table below, each about 2 hours long, are complementing each other to present a wide range of skills and knowledge for leadership and business development. Certificate of completion will be presented to those who attend the compete series of these short courses.
The content of the 7 modules is as followings:
- Startup ventures or product development in key strategic areas like Sensors, Biomedical Devices, Big Data, Cyber security, but not limited to these.
- Current business opportunities and challenges
- Different types of product development and marketing challenges, and how to leverage them for developing new transformative business ideas
- Different startup opportunities; Critical and transformative areas for business development
- Challenging and transformative ideas for business development
- How to pitch venture ideas; interactions with CEO and CTO from a daily and engineering perspective
- How to write a successful business plan; a review or personal experience about the growth of different startups