As a student pursuing a degree in the College of Engineering and Mines, it is important that you take the steps necessary to improve your academic performance.
We are committed to helping you connect with the appropriate resources on campus and supporting you in reaching your academic goals.
About Academic Probation
Students on academic probation have a probation hold placed on their account which prohibits them from enrolling in courses for the next semester. The hold will be removed when the following steps are completed:
- Please take the Obstacles Survey.
- After submitting the obstacles survey, please make an appointment with your advisor to discuss obstacles to your academic success.
- Your advisor may require that you utilize specific resources on campus following your
meeting. Some of these (i.e., you are not required to engage in all of these options)
- FOCUS 2 Online Career Assessment
- Academic and Career Exploration
- Online Tutoring: Brainfuse accessed via Blackboard
- Completing a Study Skills Assessment
- Completing an appointment at the Counseling Center
- Completing an appointment with the Writing Center
- Completing an appointment with the Community Standards and Accessibility for Students
- Other: To be determined by your advisor
- After you engaged in the opportunities required, complete and submit the Completion Survey.
A Success Plan will be assigned to you in Starfish so that your advisor(s) and/or mentor(s) are able to track your progress and remove your hold efficiently.