On Campus Students
Before Meeting with an Advisor:
If you haven’t done so, please log in to your UND student email to receive official UND communications. If this is your first time logging in, follow the directions here.
Campus Connection is the system that you'll use to, pay your enrollment confirmation deposit (if applicable), accept or decline financial aid awards, register for classes, pay your bill and more (see additional steps below).
After you've claimed your NDUS account and have obtained your user ID and password, follow these steps to log in to Campus Connection:
- Go to Campus Connection
- On the login page, enter your user ID (e.g., firstname.lastname and password)
- Click Sign In
After you have signed in to Campus Connection, make sure to:
- Complete your emergency contact information.
- Complete your intake form in Starfish by clicking on the three lines at the top left next to “My Success Network.” Then click on your name and on “Intake.” This form helps us get to know you so we can better serve you as you begin your time at UND!
The Financial Obligation Agreement must be completed in Campus Connection before enrollment in classes for a specific semester will be allowed.
- Log into Campus Connection.
- Select the "Financial Account" tile
- Sign Fin Obligation Agreement
- Select UND and the semester you will enroll
Other holds can also be found on Campus Connection by selecting the “Tasks and Communications” tile. On this page, there should be details for any holds applied to your account, and steps in order to remove the hold. If you have any questions on holds and how to remove them, please bring them to your advising meeting.
Go to Student Aid to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. UND's code is 003005.
Complete Entrance Loan Counseling and sign your Master Promissory Note if you've accepted a federal student loan.
Scholarships & Waivers
Mail your non-UND scholarship checks as soon as possible. Checks must be payable to UND and include your student ID number. Checks made payable to the student must be endorsed by the student. If you have not received a scholarship check, let us know by completing the Outside Aid Reporting Form.
All local and hometown scholarship check should be mailed to:
UND Office of Student Finance
264 Centennial Dr., Stop 8371
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The Academic Requirement Report, found in Campus Connection, is an advising tool for undergraduate UND students and advisors. This feature enables students to work with their academic advisors in planning their schedules and students can easily access summaries of degree requirements already completed and requirements still needed to graduate.
- Transfer course evaluations are completed at both the university and college level. If you see requirements that are not fulfilled, but you have coursework that may apply, please bring these questions to your advising appointment.
- If you have not submitted updated transcripts or test scores, please send them prior to registration or it may impact your ability to enroll in courses. If you are taking courses elsewhere while enrolled at UND, you must send updated official transcripts each semester to the UND Registrar's Office.
- When viewing your "academic progress" tile, please know this information is based on university-wide requirements and not your program requirements. Discuss questions during academic advising appointment.
It is recommended that you schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by using Starfish. They will assist with course selection for the upcoming semester and answer questions and address concerns about getting started at UND.
Please complete your intake form in Starfish by clicking on the three lines at the top left next to “My Success Network.” Then click on your name and on “Intake.” This form helps us get to know you so we can better serve you as you begin your time at UND!
For scheduling please use Starfish.
Register for classes:
Review Academic Calendar for the appointment for registration date.
Login to Campus Connection to determine your specified date and time for enrollment, which will appear in Campus Connection on the Friday prior to when early registration opens.
- In Campus Connection; select the “Student Self Service” tile
- Locate the vertical blue box titled “Enrollment Dates”
- Select the highlighted link to view your enrollment appointment time. You will be able to register starting at the date and time listed.
- Overrides and Collaborative Registration should not be submitted to the Registrar’s Office until after your enrollment appointment time has opened.
For step-by-step instructions on how to enroll in semester-based courses, please visit the following page:
Some of the non-engineering required courses may be available via the Self Paced Enroll Anytime format. These courses may not qualify for state or federal financial aid. To learn more about SPEA, explore their site. If you are considering this route, it is recommended you check in with your advisor before registering.
Visit the UND Bookstore website to find your textbooks online. When you purchase your textbooks online, you can avoid waiting in line and have them shipped to your residence or pick them up at the store. Shipping is free for purchases over $100. You have the option to buy or rent textbooks, new or used, from the UND Bookstore.
You may use financial aid to charge your books at the UND Bookstore.
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
As a UND student, you'll receive Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free, which includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook and more.
About one week before classes start, you may install Office 365 ProPlus on a maximum of 5 home or personally-owned PCs / Macs and on a maximum of 5 mobile devices. Office mobile applications are accessible on iPhone and Android phones.
There are numerous computer labs and printer kiosks around campus, so the purchase of a computer and printer is not required.
UND Tech Guide
Get acquainted with University Information Technology and all the services they provide to students through the UND Tech Guide.
UND Identification Card
The U Card is your official UND identification and access credential card for campus. Carry it with you at all times. Your U Card provides access to many campus buildings, library resource materials, printing funds, as well as entrance to the Wellness Center, dining services and all athletic events.
Upload Your Own Photos
Order your U Card ASAP by logging in to the U Card Order Form and uploading your photo.
Note: If you're an online / distance student, you have the option to get your U Card, but you're not required to do so.
You'll receive an email with instructions to complete two online trainings:
- COVID-19 training
- Sexual violence, alcohol and drugs training
Make sure to complete both trainings prior to the start of the semester.
If you are planning on residing in one of UND’s various housing options, please visit the Housing website and apply for housing. If there are any questions regarding UND’s housing, please contact them directly by email at housing@UND.edu or call them at 701.777.4251.
The College of Engineering and Mines has an Engineering Living and Learning Community (LLC) in which engineering students reside on a single floor of a hall amongst other students majoring in the engineering disciplines. Students residing in the engineering LLC are able to participate in various activities and have resources available to them as part of the community.
If you need to purchase a parking permit or have questions related to parking, please visit UND Transportation.
Please visit our FAQs for more information.