- Geology & Geological
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Conduct research to provide long-term sustainable energy, chemical, and material products;
- Develop clean technologies that can improve economic development in North Dakota;
- Increase North Dakota research capabilities in sustainable energy, chemicals, and materials;
- Produce graduates qualified to work in emerging clean technology industries all within a unified, interdisciplinary program that translates fundamental research into commercial solutions.
The primary vision of SUNRISE researchers is that all stages of the research, development, and commercialization process must be incorporated into a unified program. This requires interdisciplinary teams and allows fundamental research results to be effectively and efficiently translated into commercially viable solutions when appropriate.