- Geology & Geological
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Strong Growth and Unmatched Opportunities
The College of Engineering and Mines is the home of a vibrant research culture. Under the leadership of the Deans Watson and El-Rewini the College has seen tremendous growth in its research programs. In the last fiscal year, research expenditures for the school were over $8 million and are continuing to grow.
The College is striving to reach the vision established through its recent strategic planning.
We will be internationally recognized for excellence in research - fostering discovery, serving societal needs, and stimulating technology transfer.
To enable this vision, the College’s Strategic Plan has established the following goals:
1. We will establish signature research programs of national and international distinction.
2. Our research and expertise will have a positive impact on the state of North Dakota, the nation, and the world.
3. We will collaborate with other academic disciplines, universities, research centers, and industry.
4. We will foster an environment of discovery and creativity through resource allocation, mentoring, and recognition.
5. We will create opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in research.
Specific interests of the faculty and staff of the College, our primary research focal areas, and major research centers could be found by following the links on the left. More details are provided on the specific sites of each department and research center. For more information, contact:
Associate Dean for Research