- Geology & Geological
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Grand Challenges in Energy – facing the utilization of North Dakota, United States, and global energy resources.
- Diversify energy supply by integration of renewable resources
- Adapting fossil energy systems to achieve zero emissions
- Developing intelligent infrastructures for distributed generation – “smart grid”
Utilize UND Energy Infrastructure
- Energy technology demonstration through the use of globally unique platforms to test energy production, emissions control, on-line measurement, and process control technologies.
Develop information for public, stakeholders, and policymakers on key issues associated with energy production that will aid in decision making.
Current Complimentary Projects and Programs
- Petroleum Research Education and Entrepreneurship Center
- SUstainable eNergy Research Infrastructure and Supporting Education Initiative (SUNRISE)
- Advanced Power Systems Education and Research Initiative
- Carbon Management Initiative
- Electricity Distribution and Storage Research Initiative
- Bioenergy Development Initiative
- Solar Energy Initiative
- Geothermal Initiative