- Geology & Geological
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
These awards are made possible by the generous support of alumni and friends of the UND Department of Geology and Geological Engineering. The GGE faculty announces its nominations for recipients each year at Sigma Gamma Epsilon's spring banquet.
In general, it is not necessary to apply for a scholarship or award in order to be considered for a departmental nomination. However, eligibility for a scholarship or award is determind solely by the UND Student Financial Aids Office; therefore, all students must file financial aids paperwork with that office before funds can be committed or released.
Alumni Field Geology Scholarship
- For support of field camp course.
Terrance F. Anstett Memorial Scholarship
- Awarded on alternate years to geology major of good character and academic achievement
C. B. (Burt) Folsom Memorial Scholarship
- Primarily for major in petroleum geology or engineering
Bernold M. (Bruno) Hanson Geology Scholarships
- Consideration is based on character, scholarship and need
- Primarily but not exclusively for students in petroleum geology or engineering
Henry Hinds Scholarships
- Based on scholarship and professional potential for Junior or Senior major
N. N. Kohanowski Scholarships
- Primarily for upperclass majors in mining or economic geology, geochemistry, petrology or mineralogy
Reba A. Laird Scholarships
- For primarily female Junior major
Hugh and Ruth Palmer Scholarships
- For needy student making maximum effort but not at top of class
Harold J. Polta Memorial Scholarship
- For hard-working Junior major in Geological Engineering
Emil and Audrey Stoltz Geological Engineering Scholarship
- For advanced student in mining engineering
Estwing Award for potential in field study.
Sigma Gamma Epsilon Awards in support of research or summer field camp.