- Computer Science
- Geology & Geological
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Engineering & Mines
- Harold Hamm School of Geology and Geological Engineering
- Professional Experience in Industry
Accreditation Class Resources
- HHSGGE Moodle
- UND Blackboard
- Experience Fund Form
- Term Paper Guide
- Senior Thesis Instructions
- How To Give a Talk
About Petroleum Research, Education, and Entrepreneurship Center
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN INDUSTRY
1. “POLYMER Flooding” Numerical Module Development, 1987-1989.
2. In charge of the project: Solution Techniques for Parameters in Chemical Flooding Numerical Simulation Software, 1987-1988.
1990-1994, key technical person:
3. “SURFPOL” Numerical Module Development, 1990-1992.
4. Study of the Pilot Test for Injection of Natural Gas to Enhance Oil Recovery from the Fault East of the First North, 1993-1995.
5. Study of Pilot Test of WAG (water alternating gas) to Improve Oil Recovery for Shanshan Oil Field in XinJiang, 1993.
6. Numerical Simulation Study of Injection of Natural Gas to Enhance Oil Recovery for Eastern Beier, 1994.
1995-2001, Head of Project :
7. Polymer Flooding Numerical Module Development and Application, 1991-1995
8. Development of Pre & Post Flood Software for Polymer Flooding Numerical Module, 1991-1995.
9. Second Evaluation and Layout for EOR Potential in Daqing, 1996-1998.
10. Reservoir Optimization and Development for ASP Flooding in Daqing, 1997-1998.
11. Polymer Flood Design for Western 3rd Site of North Daqing, 1998-1998.
12. Re-programming ASP Flood Numerical Simulation Software, 1999.
13. Polymer Flood Design for Eastern of Central Area in Daqing, 2001.
2002-2006, supervisor of projects & the head of projects :
14. Polymer Flooding Design for Eastern of Central of Saertu in Daqing, 2002.
15. Polymer Flooding Development Case Design Optimize, 2003.
16. Pilot Test Research of Thermal Method to Enhance Oil Recover After Polymer Drive, 2003.
17. The EOR Database for the Daqing Oil Field, 2003.
18. Improvement of Polymer Flooding Technical Effectiveness, 2004.
19. Patent on “A Numerical Simulator Integrating Lower Concentrations of Surfactant with the Other Phases in ASP Flooding”, Patent Number: 200310101815.0. Authorization: Feb. 28th, 2007.
20. Analysis of Polymer Flooding Techniques for the Main Oil Strata in Daqing, 2005.
21. Feasibility Study of Injection Nitrogen Gas to Improve Oil Recovery for 32-6 Well Pattern in Qinhuangdao, 2004.
22. Economical Evaluation of Chemical Flooding in 12 Pilot Sites in the Daqing and Kalamayi Oil Fields.
23. The Criteria Establishing “Terms of Oil/Gas Reservoir Engineering”, 2004-2005.
24. The Criteria Establishing “Technical Requirements for Development and Project Design for Polymer Flooding”, Criteria Number: SY/T 6683-2007. Implement Date: March 1st, 2007. (This is now the standard for polymer flood design throughout China.)
25. Injection Profile Reversals during Polymer Floods: Characteristics and Counter-measures, 2005-2007.
26. Study of Polymer Flooding Effectiveness for Secondary & Tertiary Oil Strata, 2004-2005.
27. Study of Profile Modification Technique, 2004-2005.
28. Study of Option & Evaluation Techniques for New Polymer, 2004-2005.
29. Feasibility Study for Changing the Direction of Liquid Flow to Explore the Remained Oil near the Areas of the Distribution Lines, 2006.
30. Development of Numerical Simulation Software on Polymer Multi-Molecule Weight Injection and Profile Modification, 2004-2006.
31. Study of the Approach to Enhance Oil Recovery Further After Polymer Flooding, 2004-2007.
32. Study of the Approach to Enhance Oil Recovery Further After Polymer Flooding, 2008
33. Study of Effects of Fractures on Sweep Improvement for Polymer Flooding of Eastern Berxi in Daqing, 2005.
34. Investigated Sweep Improvement Options for the Daqing Oil Field (including more concentrated polymers, new polymers, gel treatments, colloidal dispersion gels, foams, as well as others), 2005-2006.
2007, at Saudi Aramco and Kuwait KOC:
35. Introduced EOR Technology Being Performed at Daqing.
36. Prepared a “PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENT”that initiated collaborative projects between PetroChina, Saudi Aramco, and the Kuwait Oil Company in the areas of EOR, Drilling, and Workovers.
2008-Jul. 2009, in charge of :
37. Development Case Design of 1/24 of Greater Unity Field in Sudan.
38. Development Case Design of 17 of Greater Unity Field in Sudan.
39. Evaluation the Feasibility of EOR method for Heglig Oil Field in Sudan.
40. Training of polymer flooding technology for KNOC (Korea National Oil Company).
41. Suitable Reservoir Condition Study of Polymer Flooding with High Concentration.