- Computer Science
- Geology & Geological
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Physics-based modeling of power electronics conversion systems
- Smart Grid Power system
- Communication infrastructure for smart grid power system
- Electromagnetic Field Computations
EE506- Digital control systems
You can download the Pdf format of course description in here.
Textbook: Discrete-Time Control Systems, 2nd Edition
Authors: Katsuhiko Ogata
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Access to Simulator software –Homework assignments will be completed using Matlab/Simulink, which can be can be accessed through Citrix.
This course is designed to introduce the student to the digital system representation, analysis and simulation; Z-Transform; digital controller design and realization; Microprocessor based controller, etc.
1. Discrete time system and Z-transform. System difference equation, simulation diagram, state variable equations and solution.
2. Sampling and reconstruction. Ideal sampler, and other samplers. Starred transform, A/D and D/A conversion.
3. Open loop discrete time systems.
4. Closed loop discrete time systems.
5. System time response characteristics.
6. Stability analysis technique.
7. Frequency response.
8. Digital Controller Design.