- Computer Science
- Geology & Geological
- Institute for Energy Studies
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Minor in Computer Science
- 4-Year Plan
- Complete Course Information
- Student Organizations
The mission of the Computer Science Department is to provide high-quality, high-standard degree programs and instruction in computer science and to engage both students and faculty in research, scholarship, and creative activities that promote learning, foster professional development, and contribute to the field of computing.
As reflected in the mission, we have a commitment to high quality and standards and we have a responsibility to both the computing profession and the discipline of computer science. This commitment and responsibility is expressed in the following Educational Goals:
- Our academic programs will prepare students for careers in the computing profession.
- Our academic programs will prepare students for further study and research in the discipline of computer science.
- Our academic programs will reflect both high quality and high standards.
These goals are further refined to Program Education Objectives .
Graduates from the Computer Science undergraduate programs will:
- have sufficient knowledge and skills in the foundations and application of computer science to be successful in employment or in graduate school,
- be guided by ethical principles in their careers,
- be prepared to assume leadership roles in professional and community life, and
- be aware of the need for continuous, life-long learning.
The department currently has 8 tenure-track faculty, all with Ph.D.s. The department also has two full-time instructors, one 12-month full-time secretary, and one 9-month full-time secretary. The department employs seven students, one who accepts the role and responsibility as the Lab Manager.
The department currently has 8 members on its Industrial Advisory board. Companies represented include (in alphabetical order): Daktronics, Digi-Key, Federated Insurance, IBM, InfoTech, Meridian Environmental, Microsoft, and Rockwell-Collins.