- Geology & Geological
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Welcome from Chair
- Mission and Vision
- Transfer Students
- Distance Engineering Degree Program
- Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Schedule a Visit
- Undergraduate Program
- Course Schedule
- Course Descriptions
- Sustainable Energy Engineering Concentration
- Emphasis Areas
- Distance Education
- About Graduate Programs
- Combined BS/MS Degree
- CSU Pomona Bridge Program
- Course Offerings
- Contact Us
University of North Dakota - California State Polytechnic University at Pomona Bridge to the Master’s of Science in Chemical Engineering
The MS ChE Bridge Program provides highly qualified Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) students with the opportunity to work toward their M.S. degree from the University of North Dakota (UND) while completing their undergraduate degree requirements at CPP.
Full-time enrolled CPP students majoring in Chemical Engineering are eligible to apply for the Bridge to the MSChE prior to the beginning of their last year of study at CPP. Applications are completed online using the UND Graduate School application process. Applications will be reviewed by the Chemical Engineering program faculty who will forward a recommendation for or against admission to the Dean of the Graduate School. Final decision letters regarding admission will be sent from the UND Graduate School.
Prospective Bridge to the MSChE students must:
- Be on-schedule to have completed 135 quarter credits towards their B.S. Chemical Engineering degree at end of their third year of study (equivalent of 90 UND semester hour credits)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all work attempted at CPP
Bridge to the MSChE program students will be allowed to enroll in six-credits of semester based UND Coursework (equivalent to 9 quarter credits at CPP) that will be offered online. Students may take any UND graduate Chemical Engineering courses offered via distance. Other UND graduate courses may also be taken with prior approval of the UND MSChE program director.
To receive credit at UND for their UND graduate courses taken while enrolled at CPP, CPP bridge students must, upon completion of their CPP BSChE degree, continue study towards the MSChE degree from UND without interruption by enrolling at UND for the next available fall or spring semester.
UND online courses are offered asynchronously and CPP students will usually be able to start these courses every quarter. Because UND and CPP use different systems (semester vs. quarter), course start and finish dates will be decided by mutual consent of the CPP student and the UND instructor.
The following graduate level chemical engineering courses are currently offered online for the MS ChE Bridge program:
UND ChE 504, Air Pollution Control - satisfies the upper division MTE/CHE elective (3 quarterly credit hours) portion of the CPP BSChE degree requirements
UND ChE 515, Design of Experiments - satisfies the upper division MTE/CHE elective (3 quarterly credit hours) portion of the CPP BSChE degree requirements
UND ChE 535, Metallic Corrosion and Polymer Degradation - substitutes for CPP MTE 401/L, Corrosion and Materials Degradation
UND ChE 511, Advanced Chemical Engineering Kinetics - satisfies the advanced chemistry course requirement for the CPP BSChE degree
Other UND graduate level courses can be accepted as satisfying portions of the CPP BSChE degree requirements with prior approval from the CPP Dean of Engineering and UND MSChE program director.
Admission and Registration Instructions
Admission to the University of North Dakota Chemical Engineering Bridge Program
- Complete the UND Graduate School Online Application.
- First, create a My GradSpace account by clicking on the Domestic Students or International Students link
- On your My GradSpace page, click on the “Apply Now” link and enter your My GradSpace username and password
- Enter the application information
- When choosing your major/program, be sure to indicate you are applying to a Bridge Program, and select Cal Poly Pomona
- As part of the online admission process you will need to provide:
- Official copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended
- Statement of Goals
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- Once you receive your letter from the UND Graduate School with an offer of admission, please note that you will need to accept the offer of admission before you can be fully admitted.
More detailed information about the online admission process, including how to submit each of the above application materials, is provided within the online application form.
Registration for Classes in the UND-CPP Chemical Engineering Bridge Program
To register for classes, you will get a permission number on the Distance Education website. There is a specific listing for “Cal Poly Pomona Bridge Program”.
Once you have your permission number, you can register online through UND Campus Connection.
If you have questions at any point throughout the admission or registration process, you can contact UND Online & Distance Education via email or phone during regular office hours at 1.800.342.8230. You can also chat live with our staff during extended hours in the daytime, in the evenings, and on weekends through our Online & Distance Education website - click the “Live Help” button.
Tuition Costs and Financial Aid
Tuition costs for UND online courses are charged at the current instate graduate tuition rate. For the 2009/2010 academic year the tuition rate for a 3-credit graduate course at UND is $892.47 plus $158.22 in mandatory fees for a total cost of $1050.69. Tuition and fees for UND online courses is paid directly to UND and is the responsibility of the CPP Bridge student.
UND online courses taken for credit towards the CPP BSChE degree requirements are eligible for financial aid through CPP. still need to add instructions on how to get financial aid through CPP