- Geology & Geological
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Accreditation Prospective Students Undergraduate
- Undergraduate Program
- Course Schedule
- Course Descriptions
- Sustainable Energy Engineering Concentration
- Emphasis Areas
- Distance Education
- About Graduate Programs
- Combined BS/MS Degree
- CSU Pomona Bridge Program
- Course Offerings
- Contact Us
Career at a Glance
PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Ann and Norman Hoffman Assistant Professor of National Defense/Energetics (8/2011 - current)
- Assistant Professor, University of North Dakota (11/2009 – 8/2011)
- Consulting Engineer, ANSYS Inc. (07/2005 - 10/2009)
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Utah (2005)
- 2012 Outstanding Professor of the Year (Student's Choice Award for Teaching), School of Engineering and Mines, UND.
- Student Assessment of Teaching Scores
- Average from 67 credit hours of on-campus instruction: 4.55/5.0
- Average from 24 credit hours of distance-education sections: 4.50/5.0
- Current teaching assignments:
- CHE 303: Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (4 credits, Fall)
- CHE 332: Chemical Engineering Lab III (2 credits, Spring)
- CHE 501: Advanced Transport Phenomena (3 credits, Spring of even years)
- CHE 530*: Combustion Theory and Modeling (3 credits, Spring of odd years)
- CHE 531*: Rocket Propulsion (3 credits, Fall of even years)
- CHE 532*: Explosives: Theory and Modeling (3 credits, Fall of odd years)
*New courses developed by me towards the offering of a Concentration in Energetics within our Chemical Engineering BS degree program.
- Advised/co-advised: 3 Ph.D., 2 M.S and 15 Under-Graduate Research Assistants
- 8/2012 - Present: Graduate Program Director (Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Sustainable Energy Engineering Graduate Programs)
- 8/2010- 7/2012: Graduate Committee Member (Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Sustainable Energy Engineering Graduate Programs)
- Currently serving as an academic advisor to about 40 under-graduate students
- Served as a peer-reviewer for 15 journals and 1 funding agency.
- Lives with his wife in Grand Forks, ND where they raise their children.
- Recreational long distance runner who has completed 8 marathons.